Q: How do I change my home address?
A: You can update your personal information online at https://accounts.psu.edu

Q: How do I change my Allowances of Exemptions for federal taxes?
A: You can update your allowances or exemptions online at  https://worklion.psu.edu/.

Q: How will I receive my W-2 Form since I am leaving Penn State?
A: You can update your personal information online at https://accounts.psu.edu

Q: If I carry an out-of-state address on my W-4, do I have to pay Pennsylvania State taxes?
A: Penn State withholds Pennsylvania State taxes from everyone's paycheck with the exception of individuals who live and work in another state even though they are paid by Penn State or if they are one of the six states that have a reciprocal agreement with the state of Pennsylvania: Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. A separate form, Rev-419, found on the state of Pennsylvania website must be completed if you are from a reiciproal state.

Q: How do I change my bank account for my direct deposit?
A: You can update your direct deposit information online at https://worklion.psu.edu/.

Q: What do I do if I had to close the bank account into which my salary was being deposited, but I didn't inform the Payroll Office?
A: Please contact the Payroll Office at [email protected] as soon as possible to be instructed about the steps that need to be taken.

Q: How do I change the bank account information that I currently have on file to another bank account?
A: You can change your bank account information online at https://worklion.psu.edu/

Q: What do I do if I lost my W-2 or never received my W-2 ?
A: If you are unable to attain the copy of the W2 via https://worklion.psu.edu/, send an email to [email protected] and request a duplicate W-2; be sure to include your name, PSU ID#  and current mailing address.

Q: Why do I have tuition showing on my paycheck when I have already paid my tuition?
A: When an employee's spouse takes graduate level classes, and is receiving the Grant-in-Aid benefit, the person pays 25% of the cost of the class or classes. The discount amount of  75% is considered a taxable benefit by IRS regulation. The employer is required to withhold Federal, FICA, and Medi tax on the 75% that is covered by the employer. At Penn State the 75% taxable benefit is divided over three payrolls, (April - June), (July-September), (October-December) one per month. Payroll is calculated on the inflated salary amounts in order to withhold the proper tax amounts.  The net pay is less due to the withholding of Federal , FICA, and Medi tax on the tuition amount.  It may be helpful to compare a check stub that did not have the tuition shown, against one that does have the tuition shown to help illustrate this process.  Additional information can be found under Policy HR37.

Q: Why am I having healthcare withheld from my paycheck when I am a graduate student?
A: Information on this question can be found on the Student Affairs website at http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/ .

Q: How do I change my Penn State Federal Credit Union deduction amount?
A: The forms required to make this change can be found on GURU in the Forms Section of Payroll. After you complete them they need to be processed by the Credit Union. The Credit Union will pass the necessary information to the Payroll Office for processing.

Q: Do I have to pay the Local Service Tax more than once a year if I have more than one employer?
A: If you have already had the Local Service Tax withheld by an employer other than Penn State, send the PSU Payroll Office a photocopy of the other employer's statement showing that you have already had the tax withheld and a Local Services Tax Exemption Certificate. That information can be found at https://dced.pa.gov/download/lstexemptioncertificate-4-pdf/?wpdmdl=56757.  When we receive the appropriate information, we will stop the tax from being withheld from that point forward,  However, you'll have to request refunds from the appropriate taxing authority where you work, not where you reside.



1.) Log into Worklion

2.) Click on CONTACT US in the upper-middle of the page (the lion statue is in the background)

3.) Scroll down to and click on: Submit an Inquiry

4.) I have a question about:  (If you do not see a topic of your choice in the drop down menu choose General Inquiry)

5.) Specifically: N/A

6.) Subject (Key Word/Tag):  

7.) Inquiry Details

   7a.) Click on Submit Request

8.) A summary of your Inquiries are located by going to the Worklion Home Page.

9.) Scroll to the bottom of the page and look in the lower left hand corner.

10.) You will see My Inquires: In Progress, Closed and To Do.